Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week Thirty-Four, Items 285-302

Various magazines 1-16


Quite the assortment of magazines here. From Vanity Fair and Sports Illustrated to Reader's Digest and Better Homes and Gardens. As with the InStyle issues from last week, I tore a few pages out of some of these (just a few recipes—one for a vegan meatloaf, which I can't wait to try). But I certainly don't need to keep this entire stack.

The Birth of Venus



I don't read a lot of historical fiction (notable exception: the Plantagenet trilogy by Sharon Kay Penman, which is remarkably well researched and written. I dive into those books and don't come up for air until I am done), and books like this are precisely why. Though it is set in Florence, Italy (my second-favorite city in the world—behind only Seattle, of course), I thought this book fell flat. I own enough wonderful books that I have no need to keep the ones I find underwhelming.

Silver chain



I was given a pendant as a gift, and this extra chain came with it. I like the pendant on the ribbon it's on so much that I've never worn it on the chain. This chain has just been sitting around in its little box, but I am sure someone else could put it to good use.

Progress: 302 items out of 400 = 75.5% done.

2 comments:

  1. Trista, the amount of magazines people hang onto never ceases to amaze me! As if you would remember exactly which mag a particular article was in should you need it? Books are the same. I've decluttered a lot of books recently, unless they really strike a chord and have a huge impact on me, then they end up at a charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that we had so many magazines until we really started looking for them to clear them out! When they come monthly, they add up quickly. But I no longer subscribe to any, and my husband only has one subscription. One or two magazines here or there doesn't seem that cumbersome, but when you get them all together, you can see how much they really add up.

    I used to never part with books, but I've definitely been making an effort to donate some while decluttering. Good for you for paring yours down! It helps to know that there are others out there with similar goals.

    ReplyDelete