Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week Thirty-Five, Items 303-320

Paintbrushes 1-13



My dad is an amazing painter. While I did inherit his appreciation for art, I did not inherit his talent, unfortunately. I know I would get better with practice, and that is something that's on my to-do list. But when I get to it, I will use some of the supplies he's given me, which are of a much higher quality than these.

Clip-on earrings


I love colorful enamel jewelry. I bought a vintage enamel necklace from Etsy once, years ago, and these matching clip-on earrings came with it. They are cute, but a) I'm not into wearing matched jewelry sets and b) I have pierced ears. But I have someone in mind who would enjoy these. So I will pass them on.

Chicken cookbook


My husband recently went through a box of books that he's had sitting in his room for ages. Unsurprisingly, it contained some books he doesn't need to keep. He said he thinks this cookbook was a hand-me-down. But I'm a vegan and he's a vegetarian, so we have precisely zero need for this. 

Crepe cookbook


This cookbook is seven years older than my husband. He thinks this one was a hand-me-down as well. He does love crepes, but if he wants to learn to make them, the Internet is probably a better resource than this cookbook.

Sign language dictionary


I have had this book for years; I think I was in middle school when I got it. But I can't remember the last time I actually opened it. Besides, if there's a sign I want to look up, a video on the Internet would be much more useful than a short description accompanied by a less-than-helpful illustration (which is what this book provides). I'm not trying to knock this book; I just think videos are sometimes much more effective. (And I say this as a staunch book lover who refuses to get an e-reader.)

Alarm clock 2


This is an old alarm clock that my husband has had sitting around, going unused. And yes, the clock does appear to be upside-down. He took the base off, flipped the clock over, and re-attached it that way. But you know what they say—even an upside-down clock is right twice a day!

Progress: 320 items out of 400 = 80% done.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your still decluttering. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yep, I'm still at it! I'm kind of addicted to it at this point. I feel like a reverse hoarder.

    ReplyDelete