Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week Thirty-Two, Items 254-264

Africa pin




This pin was included in the package of information I got when I signed up to sponsor a child in Africa. I feel fortunate that I was able to make a difference in someone's life, but I don't need to keep this pin. The feeling of having made a difference is what I need—not the pin.


Set of buttons



More odds and ends out of the house! I have no idea what these are from. The only thing I can think of is that they were spare buttons for one of the Christmas sweaters from our annual, intentionally-tacky holiday party (we have kept some, but gotten rid of others).

Orange damask necklace



Yet another instance of thinking I could get myself to branch out (and failing). I rarely wear orange, and I rarely wore this necklace. It's not exactly my style, and it's definitely not a color scheme I go for. Maybe if this had been in different colors, I'd have given it more of a chance.

Cat magnet



Years ago, my husband got me a two-pack of magnets. One of them is funny, and this was the other one. It might make sense to keep it if we had a cat, but we don't. My husband doesn't even like cats. So we don't need to keep this magnet.

Red gift box



I have lots of pretty little boxes and pouches; my parents lived in Beijing for three years, and used boxes and pouches like these for gift-giving during that time. I use them to store jewelry, but don't need to keep all of them. I don't really like red, so I definitely don't need to keep the red ones.

Red gift pouch



Another little gift pouch. This is pretty, but I have other ones in colors I like better. Also, this one is tiny. It's about the size of a penny. It's cute, but I can't really think of anything to do with it, so it can go.

Ribbed tank tops 2 and 3



I wear ribbed tank tops pretty frequently, so I have a lot of them. But I have not worn either of these in ages. The black one is too short for me, but I had kept it because I like it—it has some sparkly threads (just like this gray one. I got the gray and black tank tops at the same time). The olive green one fits, but the color looks awful on me. So these both can go.

Ruched tank top



In going through the clothes I have, I've realized I used to wear lots of things with hoods, ties, ruching, etc. Now I hardly wear those items. This tank top is ruched down each side and has ties at the bottom. It's just not really my style anymore.

Blue capris




These capris are a really lightweight material, which is nice. I used to like them for traveling, because they are neutral and don't take up much room. But I'd just much rather wear a skirt or a dress than capris. So I don't need to keep these.


WSU t-shirt


I am a big Washington State fan, but this shirt is too small for me. It's too short, so I don't ever wear it. But I am okay with getting rid of it because I have two other Wazzu shirts. Besides, there must be a fan out there with a shorter torso who could use this. Go Cougs!

Progress: 264 items out of 400 = 66% done.

2 comments:

  1. As I scroll through the lists, I'm struck by the enormous amount of paper and clothes that flow through our lives. I like the random assortments that make me question how many non useful items I could find in my own house right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know how much extra paper we had accumulated, either! It didn't seem like a big deal when the magazines were in ones or twos around the house.

    As for the clothes, I think I would take less time to get dressed in the morning if I had fewer clothes. It would just be simpler. Now that fall weather is upon us, I'll be evaluating every sweater I own! I know I have some that I don't wear. No sense in keeping them when other people could use them.

    I'm glad you like the random assortments! I suppose it would have been more logical to do a room at a time, or something like that. But it works for me to just cull things as I see we're not using them.

    ReplyDelete