Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week Sixteen, Items 125-131

Lip gloss samples 1




Yes, more samples in bubbles. I cannot figure out who decided that these were a good idea, or how they became so popular. Open bubbles of lip gloss might be less messy than open bubbles of perfume, but I imagine it's not by much.


Lip gloss samples 2




Yes, more samples of lip gloss! These, at least, come with a little applicator brush (you can see it to the left of the lip glosses). At least someone out there is trying to turn sample bubbles into practical objects, but they're not there yet. There is still way too much product for one use, and besides, I don't wear lip gloss anyway. Unless I am in a wedding, I just wear lip balm. So I really don't need any little bubbles of lip gloss.


Mirror




This pretty little compact has mirrors inside, and is meant to be carried in a purse. It's cute and shimmery, but I always have a pressed powder compact in my purse. Those always have mirrors, so I don't need this. It could be useful for someone else, though.

Mints



These mints were given out in favor bags at a party. They are Starbucks mints, though, and I don't have anything to do with Starbucks. I have intensely disliked Howard Schultz since he sold the Sonics, and I want nothing to do with the company.

White shirt




I have two long-sleeved white shirts. Unlike my variety of gray long-sleeved shirts, though, the white ones are pretty similar to each other. This is the one I wear less often, so it can go. I don't need to have two nearly-identical shirts.

Gray tank top




I have about a dozen ribbed tank tops like this, and I wear nearly all of them frequently. But I haven't worn this one in a long time. I've had it for more years than I should probably admit publicly, and after years of being washed and dried, it's a little too short for me. I've kept it because I like it (it doesn't really show up in this picture, but some of the threads are a little bit shimmery), but it's silly to keep something and not wear it.

Moulin Rouge



This is one of my favorite movies. In paring down our movie collections to only those we truly want to own, this movie will make the cut. But this particular copy will go, because my husband and I both have it. As much as I love the movie, we don't need to own it twice.


Progress: 131 items out of 400 = 32.75% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment