Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week Thirty, Items 239-245

Sudoku game 




Like millions of people, my husband and I love Sudoku. We also love to play board games. So this ought to be perfect for us, right? Unfortunately, Sudoku doesn't really translate well into a board game. We received this as a gift, and appreciate the thought (really, had the game been better designed, it would've been the perfect gift for us!), but we don't need to keep a game we don't play.


Headband 4




I came across yet another headband I don't ever wear. This is the problem with buying things that come in packs. If they don't work for you, for whatever reason, then you have multiple items to deal with. Probably part of the way that people wind up with odds and ends around their houses.


Shower gels 3 and 4




More odds and ends! And yes, more cumbersome beauty supply samples. I have not purchased anything from this company in a while, but the next time I do, I'll be sure to do it in person. That way, I will be able to decline the free samples. I appreciate the sentiment, but I really don't need the samples.


Purse hook




The idea behind this purse hook is that you put the hook on a table, then hang your purse on the hook. That way, you don't have to set your purse on the floor. It's a fine idea, but I don't need this. I'm used to resting my purse strap on my knee when sitting at a table—that works perfectly, so why would I need an object to help me do something else? Also, this is not adjustable, and thus won't fit every table. Finally, I don't think I've ever seen a table and said, "You know what this table needs? Another item on it." Less is more. An item that accomplishes an unnecessary task is itself unnecessary.


Flowered shirt




I used to wear this shirt a lot, but after years of being washed and dried, it is now too short for me. (Since starting this project, I've taken to line-drying clothing items much more often than I used to.) My wardrobe is one of the main things I'm seeking to downsize through this decluttering project, and it's been a relief to go through, try things on and part with things that don't fit as well as they could. It's so much easier to get dressed when I know that things fit.


Soccer jewelry set




I was given these because they are the colors of the Seattle Sounders (my second-favorite soccer team. My ultimate loyalty is still with Bayern Munich!). I love the Sounders, I love jewelry, and I did very much appreciate the thought behind these. But sports and jewelry are things I just don't mix. I wore sports-themed jewelry when I was in elementary school, but I don't do that anymore.


Progress: 245 items out of 400 = 61.25% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment