Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week Twenty-Nine, Items 231-238

Red shirt




Of course I had to make this red shirt the first item in this post to go! As I think I've mentioned before, I've learned by doing this decluttering project that I don't really like red. Not bright red, anyway. I never wear it. So someone who likes to wear red can get some good use out of this shirt.


Orange shirt




I am usually not a big fan of orange, either. This shirt came in colors I liked better, but I bought it in orange in an attempt to branch out and wear a color I usually don't wear. A number of clothing items I've posted on this blog have been things that are just slightly different from what I typically wear. I always had good intentions when I bought them, but I never wound up wearing them much. This project has definitely taught me that it is not worth it to fight my own style. I like what I like, and that's fine.


Khaki capris




I know several people who would cringe just at hearing the phrase "khaki capris." I definitely think they are hit or miss. These fit well and are comfortable, but they are just too casual for me anymore. Somebody else could get some good use out of them, though.


Gift card holder




As I mentioned earlier, we've still got a fair amount of random odds and ends around the house. This little mitten is one of them. This was used as a gift card holder, and so it could certainly be reused. I won't do it, but someone else could.


Patch and pin




Years ago, one of our friends gave out a bunch of little items that she felt represented each of us. She gave my husband the songbird pin, because he's a singer, and she gave me the patch that says "body shop" because she thought I had a nice figure. The sentiments are still appreciated, but we have not actually done anything with these.


Camera straps 1 and 2



I've had my trusty little point-and-shoot digital camera for nearly six years now. For all that time, these two straps have been sitting in the box. I have a different one that I use and like, and had completely forgotten about these two. I'm sure someone else could use them.



Progress: 238 items out of 400 = 59.5% done.

2 comments:

  1. "This project has definitely taught me that it is not worth it to fight my own style. I like what I like, and that's fine."

    Love this. It's true for me, too, though I still find myself trying on items in the store that I normally wouldn't, just to see. I rarely buy them, but occasionally I'm surprised!

    Also, I have that same little mitten gift card holder. Or used to. Never could figure out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am definitely consistent in terms of the style of things I buy. It's with prints & colors that I try to get myself to branch out, and that's where I run into trouble! If I wind up with only blue, green, gray and beige clothes (the colors I wear most) by the end of this, that's not the worst thing in the world!

    Someone could use it to give another gift card. Or not! I am just happy it's out of my house.

    ReplyDelete