Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week Forty-Seven, Items 427-435

Ab muscle tool




I don't use this random little ab tool, which I think this was originally my brother's. It's just been sitting unused in a corner closet since we moved into this house a few years ago. It's supposed to help build ab muscles, but I prefer doing different sorts of crunches, which have the advantage of not requiring any equipment.


Striped sweater




This sweater is striped, blue and soft, all of which are characteristics that I love. So I feel like I should love this sweater. But for some reason, it's just never been one of my favorites. I have plenty of sweaters, and this one just doesn't fit me quite as well as others, so I don't need to keep it.


Brown sweater




This sweater also doesn't fit me quite as well as others I have. It's slightly short and boxy on me, so it would work better on someone shorter, or at least with a shorter torso. I also try not to wear solid dark brown shirts very often because my hair is dark brown, and I just think it gets to be too much.



Sequined top


I loved this top (I am more fond of sequins than perhaps anyone should be), but it's another one that I just feel a little too old to wear anymore. I think my days of wearing slightly cropped sequined tube tops like this one are behind me. 



Rhinestone bracelet




I also think I'm too old for this rhinestone bracelet. Getting rid of things with sequins and rhinestones doesn't mean that I have lost my love for sparkly things, though! Not by any means. But I don't wear bracelets that often, and this one just seems more appropriate for a person who's closer to 13 than 30.


Heart bracelet




Another pang from parting with another gift. They get a little smaller each time, but they still happen. The thing is, I never actually wore this. I know that lots of people love heart-themed jewelry, but it really just is not my style. It doesn't make sense for me to keep something I am getting no use out of, no matter who gave it to me.


Pairs of hoops 1 and 2




I don't really wear hoop earrings that often anymore, and the color on both of these pairs is beginning to chip off. I still have a ton of earrings, so I don't need these.


Bead strand 3


We've kept this strand of beads as part of our stash of tacky holiday stuff that we have for our annual party. At the party, we award a prize to the person in the most outrageously tacky outfit. But one strand of shiny red beads isn't enough to turn an outfit from tame to tacky, or from tacky to prize-winning, so these can go.



Progress: 435 items out of 500 = 87% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment