Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week Forty-Eight, Items 436-446

Red cardigan




This was a gift, and I can see why it was chosen for me. It's a bright color, and I generally love those; I also wear cardigans a lot, especially open-front styles, like this one. But this one is wool, which I don't wear, and red, which I don't like (red is the only bright color that I don't like). I still very much appreciate the thought, but this does me no good just hanging in my closet.


Dotted tank top




A person can only wear so many tank tops, especially when they live in a climate that is cloudy and cool most of the year (as I do). I like this tank top just fine, but I haven't worn it in a couple years. That means it can go.


Striped hat




I've mentioned before that we have a stash of tacky holiday gear, accrued over several years of hosting an ugly holiday sweater party. This is a a kid-sized hat, making it too small for most of our guests. There will be a 9-year-old boy at the party this year, but somehow I doubt he'll want to wear this.


Santa vest




The thing about a lot of the ugly holiday gear is that it's oddly proportioned. This vest is cropped, but also really wide—three of me could easily fit in it. I don't think it even fit the person it was made for, because it wound up in a thrift store in spite of the tag inside that reads "Made especially for you by Betty McDougle." Well, back to the thrift store it goes.

Wreath cardigan


Another oddly-proportioned item. This sweater is thick and boxy, and the sleeves are a strange length. Plus, that green trim around the neck and cuffs is even scratchier than it looks. We have two boxes of ugly holiday stuff, which is one box too many. I don't mind keeping some stuff on hand, but two boxes is too much for just one day. So we're paring down the stuff that gets worn least often, meaning that this can go.

Denim shirt


This shirt is embroidered with all kinds of holiday-themed items, but it just isn't as in-your-face ugly as some of the other holiday clothes in our stash. Maybe it stands out less because the colors are subdued. Regardless, this is one of the things that goes.

Mitten sweater




This sweater is decorated with bright, fuzzy mittens. It also seems to have a poodle where the collar should be. This is certainly ugly, but not as decidedly holiday-themed as some of the other tacky items of clothing we have. We'll keep the other stuff instead.


Gaming magazines 21-23




My husband and I go about reading magazines very differently. I just read the articles that interest me, but he reads the entire issue, cover to cover. He does that with every magazine he reads, which means he's always in the middle of a few at a time. Anyway, he finished these three gaming magazines, so they can go now.


Kleenex pouch




This was a favor from a shower I went to, but I do not need to keep it. It's meant to hold a pack of tissue, but frankly I just don't understand the point of that. It's not as though tissue is some uncouth item that needs to be hidden. If I have a pack of tissue in my purse, and someone sees it, that's okay with me.


Progress: 446 items out of 500 = 89.2% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment