Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week Forty-One, Items 379-385

Chiffon scarf




I was recently a bridesmaid in a dear friend's wedding, and the bridesmaid dresses came with these sheer chiffon scarves. It's too short to be worn as a wrap, and too lightweight to offer any warmth as a scarf. I might wear the dress again, but I don't even know how this is supposed to be worn. So it can go.


Towel




We have a lot of towels, most of which are nice and matched. But we also have several older towels around, which we primarily use for drying off our dog when she has been outside on rainy days. This one can go, though, because we don't need as many "alternate" towels as we have. 


Phone charger




This charger is for an old, old cell phone of mine. If I still had the phone that belonged to this charger, I would send it in to Exchange My Phone for recycling. They donate a book to a literacy program for every single cell phone they receive. How cool is that? 


Magnets 6 and 7




I believe I've mentioned this already, but I love Washington State University. One of its claims to fame is Cougar Gold cheese. But it seems strange to have a magnet advertising their creamery now that my husband has become a vegan as well. Now that we have no more dairy consumers in the house, why keep this magnet? The other magnet is probably the most boring one on the planet, so it can go without further comment.


Star Wars blasphemy 1




I love the original Star Wars trilogy. A lot. But the prequels? Absolutely not. They are awful (and I say this as someone who is fond of many low-brow movies). Even actors who are amazing in other movies are terrible in these. And the less said about Jar Jar Binks, the better.


Star Wars blasphemy 2




Not only did George Lucas tarnish the original Star Wars trilogy with the terrible trio of prequels, but he changed many key points of episodes 4, 5 and 6 for theatrical, DVD and Blu-ray releases in recent years. There is such a thing as a final draft, George. Why not leave well enough alone? Bottom line: Han shot first.


Progress: 385 items out of 400 = 96.25% done.

1 comment: