Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week Twenty, Items 156-162

Silly sunglasses




I'm not quite sure where my husband got these sunglasses, but he's had them for years. The neon pink cord woven through them has faded, though, and for that reason (okay, and host of others), I think it's time these can go.

Rainbow socks



My husband was a Reading Rainbow for Halloween year before last (I thought that was pretty clever), and these were part of his costume. Since then, they have just been sitting around. Neither of us is going to wear these, so we can get rid of them.

Puzzle book



This little book of brain teasers and puzzles is one of those single-use items we are working on reducing, so we can get rid of this. Besides, when we want to give our brains a little workout, we turn to Sporcle (fair warning: it's addicting).


Car light bulbs




These two light bulbs go to our old car. Somehow, they got put in with the stuff for the car emergency kit. I guess it wasn't that unreasonable a place for them to end up, but they certainly don't belong there. And, in fact, they don't belong in our house. We just don't have a use for these now.

Garbage disposal cleaners



Our sink doesn't have a garbage disposal, so I'm not sure how we ended up with these. Maybe we had them at the condo we rented before we bought this house? Regardless, we can't use them, so they can go.

Maroon shirt



This sweater was a hand-me-down. I have a shirt that's similar in several ways—color, sleeve length, buttons down the front—that fits me better. It seems odd to have two shirts that are so similar, so I will keep the one that fits me better.

Gray cardigan



I have a few gray cardigans, and this is my least favorite of the bunch. It has just one button and is somewhat boxy, and I tend to wear shirts that fit fairly closely. I bought this in an effort to get myself to branch out a little, but I just ended up not wearing it very often. It might be boring, but I just need to stick to what I know I like.


Progress: 162 items out of 400 = 40.5% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment