Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week Twenty-One, Items 163-170

Yellow shirt



I almost really like this shirt, but there are two problems. One is that the sleeves are awkward—neither baggy nor slim-fitting. They are just kind of in-between, and make my arms look big (they're not). Also, while I love the color, it looks horrible on me. I tried this on one more time to compare it to a favorite, somewhat similar shirt (bright color, details at the neckline, elbow-length sleeves). I really am paring my wardrobe down significantly; if something's not one of my favorites, it's going to go. Anyway, the difference between how I look in my favorite shade of blue and this shade of yellow (which I like!) was kind of a shock. I looked perfectly normal in the bright blue, but once I put this shirt on, I looked like I had the flu. I'll stick with clothes that don't make me look flabby or ill, thanks.

Wazzu Pez dispenser



I'm a huge Cougar football fan, but I won't be any less of one without this Pez dispenser. Also, Sour Patch Watermelons aside, I'm not really big on candy, anyway. I've heard a few promising things in interviews with head coach Paul Wulff lately, and can look forward to the upcoming season without having to hang onto this. Go Cougs!

Travel case



Yet another travel case. The nice thing about this one is the long, skinny shape, which would be perfect for holding makeup brushes. But I already have one that's the right shape and size to do that, so I don't need this one.

Shower head



The shower head that was in the bathroom when we moved in was not great. We took it off and tried to fix it up a bit, but it didn't get much better. So we replaced it with a newer, more environmentally-friendly one. This one has been kicking around on the shelves above the washer and dryer since then. It can go.

Computer CD



This came in some magazine my husband was reading. It's been sitting in our bedroom, next to his magazine stack, for a while now. It definitely fits into the category of odds and ends I've mentioned. I finally asked him whether he ever planned on using it, or whether we could get rid of it. Well, you see it here—that tells you what the answer was.

Mat board



Another small, somewhat random, potentially-useful-but-not-to-us item. This piece of mat board is of higher quality than what typically comes with picture frames, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I swapped it out for a piece that went with the piece I was framing. This has just been sitting in my office ever since. I haven't found another use for it yet, so I doubt I ever will. It can go.

Blue curtains



We bought these when we moved into this house, intending to hang them in my office. But we're closing in on three years here, and have never used these. They're a pretty color, but they're sheer. We decided to go with insulated curtains instead. The windows in our house are pretty big; insulated curtains have been great for regulating the temperature and reducing our energy use.

Cheesy book




I distinctly remember reading this book while sitting in the living room of my parents' old house. That was years ago. I didn't like this book then, so I have no idea why I still have it. I liked Tuesdays with Morrie quite a bit, but this reminded me of a lowbrow Lifetime movie. I know lots of people love this book, though, so I am sure it will find a good home.

Progress: 170 items out of 400 = 42.5% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment