Friday, May 27, 2011

Week Nineteen, Items 146-155

Ribbons 3-7


We had a bag of odds and ends sitting around, and I finally went through it. It included this little stash of ribbons, tinsel and tulle. There are some people who are really crafty, or really into upcycling, who could probably use these ribbons in some way or even transform them into something cool. But I just am not one of those people.

Gift bag


I've mentioned before that I like gift bags because they are convenient and reusable. But this one is small and sheer, so it seems like it would work better as storage for some little items than as gift wrap. But we've got plenty of storage options already, so we don't need this.

Green spiral


Another entry from the assorted odds and ends. The only use I can think of for this is demonstrating the concept of a phone cord to kids who, growing up in a wireless world, might not have seen one before. Perhaps someone has another idea? Anyway, it can go.


Travel toothpaste


Yet another item that was just sitting around, not being used (actually, I got rid of an identical tube of toothpaste back in Week Two. This isn't the same one, I promise!). While we aren't into the dirty hippie zone just yet, we do use a natural brand of toothpaste rather than this one. So this can go to someone who is less particular.

Travel case


At my last dentist appointment, my dentist gave me a new toothbrush and a couple kinds of floss in this little pouch. I will definitely use the floss and the toothbrush, but I already have enough travel cases. So I don't need to keep this one.

Plaid shirt

This shirt of my husband's is too big for him now. He has said that, when he was younger and still living at home with his parents, his dad would swipe this shirt from him and wear it a lot. Now that it no longer fits my husband, he is planning to see whether his dad will want it.

Progress: 155 out of 400 items = 38.75% done.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there Trista! Isn't it amazing that after all these weeks of decluttering there are still bags of 'odds and ends' to go through?

    Just a bag of small and random items. Nobody likes to be wasteful, but sometimes you've just got to bit the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually tried to hold off to some degree on getting rid of the odds and ends! We've got a bunch of random stuff, but I want to make sure I get rid of some more substantial items as well. I didn't want people to stop by the blog and see only little odds and ends and think, "Well, she's just getting rid of crap. That's not hard." I want this to be something of a challenge, and pitching all the odds and ends at once just seemed like it would be too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy all the things people have that they don't use or need. You continue to inspire me to purge my possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it? In this week's post, I got rid of a book I've disliked since the day I read it. Who knows why some things stick around? Thanks, Debra!

    ReplyDelete