Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week Eighteen, Items 139-145

Sonicare DVD




So, apparently our toothbrush came with an educational DVD. I can't decide whether that's a sign that a) the toothbrush is too complicated or b) the company simply has little faith in its customers. Either way, we don't need this. We've each been able to use the toothbrush without watching this DVD. I'm going to go ahead and say we should get gold stars for that.


Playing cards




This sheet is supposed to be cut up and used as a deck of cards. That would be great, but we already have a few decks of cards. We don't need to go through the effort of cutting these up because we don't need another deck. Someone else could use them, though.

Headbands 2 and 3




I've already donated one headband like this (way back in Week One). I was surprised to come across two more in a travel bag the other day. These two, just like the first one, are too big for me. So they need to go to someone else.

Puzzle ring




Definitely one of those single-use items we're trying to cut back on. I only have four rings I ever wear (my engagement ring, my wedding ring, a ring that belonged to my grandpa and a ring that belonged to my cousin), and this is not one of them.


Puzzle die



Another single-use item. This particular little puzzle seems like it would be frustrating in large part because of its small size. I don't think trying to manipulate a puzzle the size of a standard die seems like much fun. Perhaps there's a surgeon out there who would love this, though.


Warsteiner hat




Warsteiner's slogan is "A queen among beers." Still, as nice as the crown in their logo is, my husband hasn't worn this hat. There's a German pub we love and go to regularly, and I think he's holding out to drink enough beers there to earn one of their hats instead. (They give out hats, shirts, steins, etc. at various milestone liters of beer.)

Progress: 145 out of 400 items = 36.25% done.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Trista! Interesting to see some 'novelty' items leaving home now. Every household must have this kind of stuff, bunging up drawers and cupboards and not serving any purpose whatsoever. I don't think you can count a frustrating puzzle as being useful at any level. Let's face it - you either can't do the puzzle, which is frustrating and time wasting OR you do complete the puzzle and wouldn't want to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judith! We had a bag of random items just sitting around. It wound up having a few useful things in it, but most were just little things we didn't know what to do with. Things like that might not take up much space individually, but we've got more random trinkets than I thought we did. Collectively, they can consume a lot of space. And that's an excellent point about the puzzle! Solved or not, it did nothing for us but take up room.

    ReplyDelete