Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week Seventy-Three, Items 685-690

Padlock




Certainly this is a functional item, but it's just not something we need. If memories and information were as easy to purge as items, I might choose to forget my locker combination from seventh grade. That's not something I need, either. Unfortunately, I've yet to figure out how to selectively de-clutter my brain.


Novelty lighter




Things like this are why I'm glad I got my husband on the de-cluttering bandwagon. I have no idea how he came to own this, but there are few things that we could possibly need less. We don't smoke, and we don't like guns.


Greeting cards 1 and 2




I don't know why we have these two blank and unused greeting cards sitting around. I would just keep them until a suitable card-giving occasion rolled around, but these are both so far from our style (they feature faded photographs of roses) that I would feel strange giving either to anyone.


Ribbon spools 1 and 2




I generally put gifts in gift bags, rather than wrapping them in paper. And even when I do use wrapping paper, I don't use this kind of ribbon with it. Stick-on bows are just so much easier. So we don't need to keep these around.


Progress: 690 items out of 800 = 86.25% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment