Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week Seventy, Items 665-670

Striped scarf




I love stripes, and I love that some of the stripes in this fabric are shiny. But this scarf is just too short. The combination of the ruffles and the short length feels too much like I'm wearing a Shakespeare-esque ruff. Not really a look I'm ever aiming for.


Cropped cardigan




I've had this for several years. But I own a number of cardigans, and this one probably gets worn less often than any of the others. Between the cropped length and the sleeves with the double ruffles, it just has more going on than I typically like.


Belt 1




I am not really a belt person. But I liked the colors of this one—I actually bought it just because I liked the colors, not because I needed a functional belt. I can't remember the last year I even wore it, though, so it can go.


Belt 2




This one was a gift, but again, part of this process is recognizing that gifts aren't obligations. It's another belt that's more decorative than functional. I also can't remember the last time I wore it.


Belt 3




I suppose this one is more functional than decorative. I remember it coming with either a pair of pants or jeans that I bought, but I don't remember ever using it.


Belt 4




This one is all about function. To be honest, I didn't even recognize it when I pulled my belts out of my closet. I did have a brief phase several years ago (2004ish, I think?) when I wore decorative belts on a semi-regular basis, but I never wore belts like this. I even checked the length to make sure this one wasn't my husband's.


Progress: 670 items out of 800 = 83.75% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment