Friday, July 22, 2011

Week Twenty-Seven, Items 211-220

Refillable planner




This is one of those planners that you can buy the refills for every year. Which is great, only I haven't purchased a refill in a couple years now. I'm not getting any use out of this planner anymore, but someone else might like it.


Pair of hair clips




These came in a pack with similar pairs of hair clips. I wear the dark brown and black ones that came in the pack from time to time, but I have never used these frosted white ones. I'm sure they would look fine in blond hair, but, put in brown hair, they might look like some sort of detritus. No, thank you.


Snowflake ring




Yet another little random object floating around in the box of tacky holiday things. The one thing this ring has going for it is that it's similar in color to my all-time favorite nail polish (a Hard Candy shade from back in the day). I'm thinking that another round of ditching odds and ends is coming up, because I'm tired of little things like this. I want to just clear them out.


7 t-shirts




Even after clearing out this stack of t-shirts, my husband still has plenty remaining. Most of these are pretty old, and a little worn out. I've yet to figure out how he manages to be so hard on so many of his possessions.

Note: 


I'm past the halfway point. I had kind of expected the decisions to become harder by now, but I still have not reached that point. I have a lot more stuff to get through before I will face any difficult decisions about parting with things. I haven't decided whether I should increase my goal for this year, or continue this project next year. Maybe both! I'm down 220 items (not counting about a dozen items that were too cumbersome to photograph, including a longboard and a nightstand) and still nowhere near as decluttered as I'd like to be.


Progress: 220 items out of 400 = 55% done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Trista! Halfway point and still feeling like you've hardly gone below the surface. It seems like the more you declutter - the more you need to declutter!

    What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judith! Yes, I'm nearly 60% done now. It's hard to believe. And yes—the less I have, the less I want! The free space is infinitely better than the stuff.

    ReplyDelete