Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week Two, Items 15-20


Seven items a week is a great pace, but I'm going to have to do a little more than that on occasion if I'm going to make it to 400 items. So, here are a few more for this week:

Argyle sweater



I bought this at a Zara in Beijing, and while I am deeply fond of both Zara and argyle, this sweater is now too short for me. I've only kept it because I got it in China, but I have other mementos from the trip—I've got memories and pictures, too. I can even distinctly recall my lungs feeling duped whenever they expected to take in oxygen but were treated to some nice, thick smog instead. Anyway, I don't need to keep something that could be useful to someone else just because I happened to buy it in a foreign country.

Binders 1 and 2



We've had these two empty binders for a couple years now. I think they might have been intended for wedding planning/organization stuff originally, but we never used them. They've just been taking up space in my office, but I'm sure someone else will put them to good use.

Tiny squirt gun



I've mentioned that we get many practical items in our Christmas stockings; well, we also get some things that are decidedly impractical. This squirt gun is about the size of a silver dollar. It would be useful to me if I had teeny little hands and a small vendetta against someone. But because that's not the case, I think someone else should have it.

Dead Poets Society



Another duplicate discovered when my husband and I consolidated our movie collections. We both love this movie, but since the chances of us wanting to watch it in different rooms of the house at the exact same time are extremely slim, we don't need to have two copies.

Biology textbook



I took biology when I was a sophomore in college. When the course was over, the bookstore wouldn't buy this book back. A new edition had come out, of course, because that's the way it always works. So I just kept the book. I guess I figured that I might look through it sometime, but that hasn't happened. Clearly, I don't actually need this.

That's 20 items down, 380 items to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment